JOB POSTINGS: Instructional Aide & School Cook Positions
We are currently seeking applicants for an instructional aide position which will serve students at our elementary school and we have an anticipated opening for a school cook position in our district. These are full-time positions and individual health insurance is provided to our employees.
Applicants for the instructional aide must meet the qualifications to be a school paraprofessional in Illinois. Those qualifications are as follows:
- At least 19 years of age
- ONE of the following:
- Associate’s degree or higher
- 60 semester hours of coursework
- High School Diploma or GED and a score of 460 or higher on the ETS Parapro
- High School Diploma or GED and the following scores on the ACT Workkeys:
- Applied Mathematics/Applied Math (with a score of 4)
- Reading for information/Workplace Documents (with a score of 4)
Applicants for the school cook position are asked to have the following qualifications:
- Food service operation, food preparation, and food serving experience required
- Food service/sanitation certification preferred
- Must be flexible, work well with others, and be a team player in respect to the daily operation of the program
To apply, please complete a Support Staff Application. A District 300 Support Staff Application can be accessed and downloaded from our website here. Applications may be returned by e-mail to Administrative Assistant Denise Hirsch at firstname.lastname@example.org or turned in at the District Office at 845 E. Jackson St.
Applications should be turned in by 3:00 PM on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please call the Du Quoin CUSD 300 office at 542-3856. Our office will be closed Oct. 7-11.