New Student or Transfer Student Information!

Items To Bring To Register at DHS

New students who are transferring to Du Quoin High School must provide the following information:

  • Medical records (9th grade physical form)
  • Copy of a certified birth certificate
  • Proof of custody
  • Current IEP (if student is receiving Special Education services)
  • Demographic information sheet (Pick up this yellow sheet at DHS)
  • Affidavit of residency (must be signed & notarized in front of a notary public) (Pick up at DHS)
  • Record release form (to obtain official records from previous school) (Pick up at DHS)
  • Documentation that you live in Du Quoin School District #300. This can include one of the following items:
    • Mortgage document or property deed
    • Apartment or home lease with rent receipt
    • Utility bills (Electricity, Gas, Water, Cable, Phone, etc)
    • Property tax receipt
    • Automobile registration
    • Voter registration card
    • Driver’s License with current address

It helps the guidance department if you come prepared. Some of the papers you'll need to pick up at DHS, but some items you should have and should bring with you when you come to register. It's helpful if you can bring in a copy of the student's schedule from the previous school as well as a current transcript.

Mrs. Gross-Woodside & Mr. Kirkpatrick, the school counselors, are in their offices intermittently throughout the summer. During the school year, we are often in classrooms or with parents or students. Please leave a voicemail if we are unavailable when you call, and we will return your call as soon as possible. We welcome and look forward to having you at DHS.

You can reach us at 542-4744

Mr. Kirkpatrick (Classes of 2018 & 2020) | Ext 2167 | ekirkpatrick@duquoinschools.org

Mrs. Gross-Woodside (Classes of 2019 & 2021) | Ext 2166 | lgrosswoodside@duquoinschools.org