"NextStepU" College Planning magazine
Hear from experts in the college admissions field!
The NextStepU magazine is available to students to help get them to college and pay for it. NextStepU is a college planning & scholarship resource. Click on the link below to read great articles from experts in the field including college admissions & other counselors. In the Fall 2016 issue they are currently offering 2 types of scholarships, one easy Win Free Tuition and a second new STEM scholarship. Check it out.
The link below is the Fall 2016 magazine issue!
FAFSA ITEMS YOU WILL NEED!
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO COMPLETE MY FAFSA?
- Social Security Number. Be sure that it is correct!
- Records of income, such as income earned from work & business, child support paid or received & any other untaxed income. If you have them, refer to the W-2 Forms or Federal Income Tax Return IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
- Information about assets, such as savings, certificates of deposit, stock options, bonds, 529 plans & other college savings programs; and investment real estate, business & farm.
- Driver’s license number, if you have one.
- Dates of birth, include the month, day & year.
- Month & year of marriage, separation, divorce or other change in marital status.
- Alien Registration Number, if you (student) are not a U.S. citizen.
- Parental information is required unless you are at least 24 years of age or meet the criteria for filing as an independent student as described on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Refer to www.FAFSA.gov.
- Only parents who do not have a Social Security number can enter 000-00-0000 on the FAFSA.
- You must report income & assets for yourself & for your parents (if you are a dependent student) or your spouse (if you are married).
- Use income records for the year prior to the academic year for which you are applying: for instance, if you are filling out the 2017-2018 FAFSA, you will need 2015 income information.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH SITE
Find those scholarships!
There are many scholarships available throughout the year. One free scholarship search website is listed below. Some of these are for high school students. Some are for college students. And some are for graduate students. There is also information on careers and salaries, videos, etc. A great site. Take some time to do some searching. It will pay off when you win cash.
GoodCall Scholarship Search
Better Information, smarter choices
GoodCall.com is a free scholarship search that is available to you. GoodCall says the best decisions are backed by data. And they provide that data on their website. To try this website go to: http://www.GoodCall.com
Find scholarships just for ag majors!
Here is a website that lists 40+ scholarship sites available for students who plan to major in an agriculture area. There are MANY majors that relate to the agriculture world: plant science, soil science, agri-business, food & nutrition, ag communications, ag broadcasting, equine science, landscape architecture, ag education, veterinarian, and many more. Check it out!
You can also check out "ag careers" by simply going to:
Wells Fargo Tuition Funding Sources
A private website for over 7 million scholarships
Wells Fargo offers a free Tuition Funding Sources (TFS) to help students gain access to over 7 million scholarships totaling more than $41 billion. This is a private website but is worth looking at. This can help you prepare for college & plan for a successful future. Follow the address to check out these sources! www.tuitionfundingsources.com.
Also, signup for the CollegeSTEPS program to stay on track with college planning. You'll receive emails on topis like study tips, financial aid, and campus visits. Go to www.wellsfargo.com/collegesteps.
Journey through the financial aid process with Mr. Fellows and Monty. Through the interactive eBook and videos, you'll get help sorting out the different options to pay for college expenses, including information on how to compare award letters. Go to www.wellsfargo.com/fivesteps.
First Generation Go College Now! website and film will coming on September 24,2015. Resources developed for first generation college students, as well as the educators and organizations who support them. Visit the website to see the award-winning First Generation film. www.gocollegenow.org
FASTWEB Scholarship Search
A "Free" Scholarship Search
Check out the widget on this site!
You can enter your personal information and then click search. This will give you a current & updated list of active scholarships through the FastWeb website.
Their website is: http://www.FastWeb.com This will take you directly to the FastWeb website. You can enter as much personal information as possible. This will let FastWeb customize a list of scholarships for you.
Be sure to update your personal information each year. There are scholarships available for each grade year in high school and as you go through college.