Dress Code Revisions For Du Quoin High School
Updated for 2016-17 School Year
Attention DHS Parents/Guardians & Students,
The following changes in the dress code for Du Quoin High School will be in place for the upcoming 2015-16 school year. Please remember that Du Quoin High School demands a standard of dress, grooming, and appearance which project a positive image of the student and the school. Apparel and grooming detrimental to health and safety, obscene, or which creates a classroom/school disorder are unacceptable at Du Quoin High School and are not to be worn to school or extracurricular activity.
- Shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. shall be no shorter than 4 inches above the top of the knee. (Replaces the “fingertip rule” previously in place.)
- No spandex or leggings may be worn unless skirt/dress/shirt is required length above.
- (To clarify, these form fitting items may only be worn underneath a skirt/dress/shirt.)
- No deep v-neck or plunging neck line shirts or tops; no tank tops, spaghetti straps or off the shoulder tops (shirts and tops must have sleeves).
- (This clarifies the requirement of a sleeve on shirts. As in the past, tank tops and the like may be worn underneath another shirt that meets requirements providing there is no plunging neck line visible.)
As a reminder, noncompliance of the dress code will result in the following consequences:
- 1st offense - Replace the article of clothing immediately, one (1) Lunch Detention.
- 2nd offense - Replace article immediately and assigned One (1) In-School Suspension
- 3rd offense - Replace article immediately and assigned Three (3) In-School Suspensions.
- 4th offense - Out-of-School Suspension
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and are looking forward to the start of a new school year. If you have any questions about these revisions, please call us at the high school at 542-4744.
Matt Hickam, Principal