Dear DES Family,
As we are in the midst of cold and flu season, please remind your child about the importance of hand washing. Please also make sure your child has a warm coat they can zip or button
independently as well as a hat, scarf, and warm gloves. Thank you for your help in making sure the kids are warm and comfortable in the cold weather!
Monday evening’s reading of Wishtree concluded our One Book, One School project for this school year. We truly enjoy this time to collectively read as a school and encourage you to
continue the 15 minutes a day read aloud using your own choices. We invite you to continue our community of readers by taking the 21 day read aloud challenge. Read every day in March, complete the recording sheet on the reverse of our newsletter and your child will receive a certificate of completion.
- March 4 – 14: Box Top Competition, Classroom with the most box tops wins a popcorn and soda party.
- March 10: Daylight saving time: Set your clocks up an hour!
- March 11-14: 2nd grade Music Program Dinosaur Fun Facts on the stage in the commons at 10:15 a.m. on assigned day. Students wear earth tone colors on the bottom and dinosaur t-shirts on top. Monday March 11: Tilley Tuesday March 12: Valier Wednesday March 13: Miller, Rushing, Leposky Thursday March 14: Harsy
- March 15 – 18: No School Spring Break
- March 29: ½ Day 11:00 dismissal, School improvement
Papoose Pride winners for Feb. 19-22:: Dani Kay M., Jake B., Alyssa B., James S., Maddie S., Draeden H., Hunter C., Lydia V., Braxton M., Marlon M., Mabrey R., Max M., Myai E., Broxton P., Gianna I., Parker B., Max W., Trenten T., Parker B., Khloe D., Gabriella F., Clarissa D., Jaxon F., Chase Y., Eli L., Camden T., Isaias V., Olivia T., Zoey S., Brayden F., Brenna H., Isaac H., Ray M., Newell H., Rilynn F., Khloe C., Eli M., Rush E., Owen M., Masen G., James H., Trevor A., Carrigan K., Hallie R., Kadence K., Jace R., Ezekiel K., Liberty T., Alizabeth W., Anna K., Vance M., Kinley W., Alicia O., Liam S., Aurora N.
Check us out on our website: https://www.duquoinschools.org...
Instagram @despapoose, Twitter @DESPapoose and our
Facebook page Du Quoin Elementary School.
Diana Rea, Principal
Our Mindset is Success, because our #kidsdeserveit!