Class S Races
Course will be open at 7:45am for walk through.
8:30am - Coaches meeting in pavilion - must wear mask
9:00am - Girls Heat #1
9:45am - Girls Heat #2
10:30am - Boys Heat #1
11:15am - Boys Heat #2
Class L competitors will not be allowed to the facilities until 12:30.
Course will be open for walk through at 12:45.
Class L Races
1:30pm - Coaches meeting in pavilion - must wear mask
2:00pm - Girls Heat #1
2:45pm - Girls Heat #2
3:30pm - Boys Heat #1
4:15pm - Boys Heat #2
2020 SIJHSAA State Cross Country Meets
Friday, October 23, 2020
Du Quoin State Fairgrounds - North Area
Jeremy Cornett - Meet Manager
Class S Meet Info -
Congratulations on qualifying for the 2020 SIJHSAA State Cross Country Meet!
Here is some information to help you prepare for attending the meet.
- The meet will be ran on the Du Quoin State Fair middle school cross country course(map is attached). The course is 1.86 miles is grass, wooded trails and very limited crossing of gravel and paved roads.
- Interactive course map https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1313879
- Registration of runners - qualifying runners will be registered by the regional manager on a shared google sheet (no longer using the athletic.net link). Once the entries have been registered, I will confirm with each school regarding correctness of entries. Entries MUST be entered by Saturday, October 17.
- Please bring or email your eligibility sheet (attached)
- Team camp areas will be marked - choose your camp area upon arrival. Please remind runners that they must remain in the camp area unless running a race.
- Have competitors bring their own drink bottle. No shared water coolers are allowed.
- TWO coaches per school and ONE administrator from each school will be admitted. Please email your coaches and administrators name to me no later than Wednesday, October 21. NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED THAT IS NOT ON COACHES/ADMINISTRATORS LIST.
- Bus enter Gate #2 and drop off runners at the team camp area. ALL buses will park on the gravel road on the west edge of the team camp area. Buses may exit Gate #4 on Jackson St.
- Runners being transported by car can be dropped off at the team camp entrance. The vehicle MUST then leave the facility. Pick-will be in the same location at the conclusion of all four races. Vehicles may exit gate #4 or gate #1.
- Timing will be by ChampionChip24/7. RFID chip timing. Results will be available online. Once the link for results is created I will forward.
- Coaches packet pick-up will be upon arrival. Packets will be available in pavilion.
- Coaches meeting will be one half hour prior to first race.
- Heat Assignments will be emailed once all regionals are complete
- Course will be available for walk through until one half hour prior to race.
- Awards will be distributed to coaches upon completion of the event.
- Starting boxes will be assigned and with packet
- T-shirt sales will be online ONLY. Runners, AD’s or administrators will be able to pick up at the race.
- Link to Class S t-shirt order
- Link to Class L t-shirt order
- With no pre-state meet this year, teams and individuals may practice on the course. The fairgrounds is open from dawn to dusk each day.
- No Spectators will be allowed at the race.
- The races will be livestreamed on -
Thank you for your understanding with the format this year. We appreciate everyone's help and look forward to some great racing next Friday.
If you have any questions or concerns please text, call or email me at 618-790-3103.
Du Quoin Middle School
Click HERE for a course map