Items of Interest at DMS
Follow us on Twitter @DQWarriors
2014-2015 DMS Baseball and Softball Tryouts
DMS baseball and softball tryouts will be held on Thursday, July 31 and Friday,
August 1. Tryouts will begin at 9:00 am at the Du Quoin High School baseball and
Tryouts are open to 6th - 8th grade DMS students. All students trying out MUST have
a current sports physical and proof of insurance to tryout.
Keep your child current on their math skills during the summer by using TenMarks free at home. Just follow this link and use the code S14DC32665
"Indian Pride" Activities Announced
It is with great pride and anticipation that the "Indian Pride Weekend" Committee announces the dates and activities for the first "Indian Pride Weekend". This is a joint fundraising campaign for the District 300 Athletic Association and the District 300 Athletic Association. Dates and activities are as follows:
- Friday, October 3, 2014:..............BBQ Fundraiser 4 p.m.-7 p.m. prior to the Indian football game vs. Sparta
- Saturday, October 4, 2014:............5K Run/Walk at the DHS track, registration 8 a.m.
- Saturday, October 4, 2014:............Slow Pitch Softball Tourney at the baseball field, begins 9 a.m.
- Saturday, October 4, 2014:............Dinner/Dance/Auction Event at the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds Grandstand, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, October 5, 2014:..............District 300 Athletic Association Golf Scramble at Red Hawk C.C., 1 p.m.
As most of you are aware, state budget cuts in education have been substantial the last few years. The impact on educational and extra-curricular activities has been noticeable. The Foundation and the Athletic Association aims to continue to provide the high quality of student experience and athletic programs through fundraising. It is our sincere hope you are able to contribute in some way to this effort. Please support the above events and continue to enjoy the experiences and extra-curricular activities furnished to our students and community. Thank you for all you do for the students of Du Quoin Community Unit District 300.